My name is Kris Nijs and I come from Belgium. Two years ago I leaved
Belgium to start a new life in Peru ( south America ). In Peru I
have bought a beautiful house near the beach were I live now
together with my Peruvian wife Rahel Mosquera Olivares.
Our house is in Ancon. Ancon is a picturesque Peruvian fishing
village situated on the shores of the Pacific Ocean were we have
recently opened a pleasant Bed & Breakfast were our guest will feel
them self immediately at home.
ANCON: Ancon is a very quiet fishing village with a very friendly
population. Because of this it is very surprising that you’re here
only one hour away from a world city, Lima. Ancon was the first
seaside resort in Peru, were all middle class from Lima came to
escape the chaos and the stress from the capital city and to spend
there free days and vacation on the beach in Ancon. Foreigner
tourists are very rarely seen here and because of this Ancon has
kept his typical Peruvian identity.
Ancon is famous for it’s many cheap fish restaurants. Two times a
day the fishermen from Ancon bring fresh fish from sea. This fish
gets prepared in this local restaurants or you can buy here for
Also you can find in Ancon a daily small market were you can buy all
kinds of vegetables or fruits.
THE CLIMATE: The mild ocean climate makes that Ancon has a very
pleasant climate the whole year around.
The winter: From may until October. But with minimum temperatures
from 17 degrees you cannot really speak from winter of course.
The summer: From November until April. The temperatures during the
summer months are everyday around 32 degrees and this feels nice.
During the summer months you really can enjoy from everyday sunshine
without one day with bad weather. We never get rain in Ancon, not
during the winter or not during the summer months.
DAYTRIPS from ANCON:
- A visit to the Castle of Chancay. This castle is build on a
rock cliff over hanging the pacific ocean. It was built during the
colonial period by the Spanish ( 30 minutes drive from Ancon ).
- A visit to the beautiful colonial capital city from Peru,
Lima. Rahel and I know Lima very well and could, if you would like,
guide you around in this bustling world city with it 11,000 million
habitants (1 hour drive from Ancon).
- A visit to the town Canta that is situated high up in the
Andes mountain range, during this trip you can enjoy the beautiful
mountain landscapes that we will pass (whole day).
- A visit to the daily market from Puente Piedra.This open air
market is one of the biggest markets in and around Lima. It this
very pleasant walking true this labyrinth of small alleys. Different
population groups from all over Peru come to this market to sell
their products (fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, meat, fish, chicken,
clothes, shoes…etc). This market is a pleasure for the eyes ( 15
minutes drive from Ancon ).
- A visit to Mega Plaza this hypermodern shopping center is a
very big contrast with the just describe open air market from Puente
Piedra and is situated just outside Lima (45 minutes drive from
- You can also make a few walk in the direct environment from
Ancon (beaches and mountains) and you also can visit the small but
very fascinating museum from Ancon.
All this day trips from Ancon we can make together with you for a
small compensation, for more information send us a e-mail.
TRAVELING AROUND PERU:
I have a lot of travel experience, with my motorbike I have traveled
4 years around the world (1999-2003). During this world trip with my
motorbike I have visit 68 countries in 6 totally different
continents and I drove in total 260.000 kilometers (I also wrote a
book about this world trip, this book sold very well in Belgium and
in The Nederland’s and is now sold out completely). With all my
travel experience I can tell you that Peru is one of the most
beautiful countries in the world and has a lot of touristy
highlights to visit. Raquel and I have in the meanwhile traveled a
lot more in Peru so we know the whole country very well. Here you
find a few highlights that you cannot miss during your stay in Peru:
- Ancon (of course).
- Lima: the beautiful capital city of Peru.
- Pisco: from Pisco you can visited the Ballestas Islands with a
speed boot. This group of rocky islands is situated just of the
coast and is an oasis of al kind of sea life including big groups of
sea lions and seals, penguins and a lot of different sea birds. The
Galapagos Islands in small format.
- Ica: nearby the city Ica you can visit the oasis Huacachina in the
middle of a wide spread dessert where you also can visit the second
highest sand dunes in the world.
- Nazca: here you can visit the world famous “Lines of Nazca” in the
middle of a stone dessert.
- Arequipa: the second biggest city of Peru situated on the slopes
of the mighty Misti volcano high up in the Andes mountains. Nearby
you also can visit the spectacular Colca Canyon.
- The Titicaca Lake: the highest navigable lake in the world. From
the city Puno you can visit the famous reed Oeros Islands.
- Cusco: the former capital city of the Inca’s and now a very
beautiful colonial city. From here you also leave to visit Machu
- Machu Picchu: also know as “THE LOST CITY of the INCA’S”. This was
the holly city of the Inca empire and is now one of the 7 wonder of
- Huaraz: This city is situated deep inside the Andes mountain
range. From Huaraz you have a very beautiful panorama of the highest
Andes mountains from Peru with their snow tops.
Iquitos: this city is situated in the hart of the Peruvian Amazon
rainforest. From here you can make some beautiful jungle trips.
If you stay in our B&B we can help you to plan the rest of your trip
in Peru and we also can give you a lot of handy travel information
from Peru in general.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
- First of all we want you to fell like home in our Bed &
Breakfast “La Conchita”.
- We offer you a nice place to stay between Peruvian families.
- We have a nice garden with all kinds of exotics plants.
- In the back of the house we have a big open patio with a
complete equipped bar and barbecue witch can be use by our guests.
- We have clean and comfortable rooms.
- Always clean sanitary and 24 hours a day hot water.
- Every morning a very delicious breakfast.
- We also have 2 bicycles available for our guests.
- You can use our washing machine.
- 24 hours a day internet connection ( e-
mails,skype*,messenger,webcam, etc…to keep in touch with your family
- You can use our kitchen to cook for yourself .
- If you want Rahel can make some typical Peruvian dishes or
also Belgium food.
- We can also pick you up from the international airport from
Lima (this airport is situated 30 minutes drive from Ancon: prize 15
Euros or 23 US$ ).
- We also have a car available.
- My Peruvian wife and I speak both fluent Dutch, English and
- The beach is situated walking distant away ( 5 minutes
- The capital city Lima is only 1 hour drive with public
transport. The buses to Lima live every 5 minutes behind our B & B.
- We also will give you a lot of travel information for the
rest of your trips in Peru.
I really think that our Bed & Breakfast “ La Conchita “ will be the
perfect place for you to start your travels in Peru. We pick you up
at the airport and bring you to our B&B in Ancon were you can
acclimatized a few days after your arrivals in Peru and getting to
know slowly the Peruvian culture. We also will give you a lot of
travel information about Peru for the rest of your travels through
this beautiful country.
Ancon is a good place for a relaxing vacation without stress so we
hope to meet you soon. For more information please send us an E-