Classic Washington Activities Available from our Rainier Cabins
Whichever season you choose to visit our Washington Cascades, our
cabins provide an ideal base camp. Our two Washington State Cabins are
at the base of Mount Rainier which offers tons of leisure activities.
If you're looking for a family getaway with the kids or to beat the
crowds to the trailhead try a weekend or week long stay at our Pacific
Rainier, Ashford and Nisqually Valley Activities close to our cabins
* Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad Train Tour This is ideal for kids and
families. It's an amazingly beautiful trip through our Cascade
Mountains at the base of Mt. Rainier.
* Northwest Trek Wildlife Park Another classic trip for families
and children. Ride the tram, take the walking tour, hike nature
trails, visit Cheney Discovery Center and much more! Children of all
ages love this trip. It's also great for mobility impaired visitors.
Ask about our 2 for 1 ticket discounts.
* EZ Times Outfitters Trail rides for adults and kids.
* Fishing in the Ashford / Nisqually Valley area.
* Wildflower and Rainier Photography
Tours of the Volcano Country using our Rainier cabins as base camps
* Motorbike Tours
* Scenic Driving Tours Take the family and kids on a drive to the
park's best attractions.
* Tours and Activities in Lewis County
Mt. Rainier National Park Service Info
* Backpacking Mount Rainier from the Park Service
* Day hiking Enjoy a day of family hiking
* Climbing Mount Rainier from the Park Service
* Biking inside Mt. Rainier National Park
* Ranger guided tours for kids, adults, teens and families
East Entrance to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument
The East entrance to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument is
two hours from our Volcano Country Cabins.
* Roads 25 and 99 provide access to the vast blown down forest and
views of the legendary Spirit Lake, and are usually open from Memorial
Day until snow blocks the roads. Cowlitz Valley Ranger Station is open
to visitors daily during the summer season. On Forest Road 99
interpretive talks and walks bring the landscape to life for visitors
and can be enjoyed at the numerous view points. Food services and
gifts are available at Cascades Peaks Viewpoint. Dining, gas, and
other services are offered in nearby communities.
Mt Rainier Waterfalls
within an hour of our Cabins
Some of the most scenic waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest can be
found in the areas surrounding our Washington State cabins. Bryan Swan
has created an incredible resource of Mount Rainier Waterfalls including:
* Chinook Creek Falls
* Comet Falls
* Bloucher Falls
* Fairy Falls
* Little Mashel Falls
* Margaret Falls
* Spray Falls
* Tatoosh Falls
* Upper Stevens Creek Falls
Winter Activities at Mt. Rainier
Snowshoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Hot Tubbing in the Snow!
A stay at our Washington cabins in the winter season, Thanksgiving to
early April, will reward you with exercise, tranquility and beauty.
* The Mountaineers organize snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trips
* National Park Service list of Winter Activities
* Mount Tahoma Trails Association
* Backcountry Skiing at Mt Rainier
* Skiing the Cascade Volcanoes
* GORP Recommendations
* Guided Snowshoe Walks
There's so much to explore throughout the year at Mount Rainier
National Park. Make Three Bears Lodge or Little Bears Cabin your base
camp for a week or a weekend filled with Adventurous Pacific Northwest