A paradise for water enthusiasts, Rock Lake is in the backyard of
the Rock Lake House. Enjoy swimming or wading in the sand-bottom &
spring-fed lake. If you have your own boat and/or equipment, the
lake is perfect for water-skiing, tubing, wake-boarding, knee-
boarding, sailing, jet-skiing, wind-surfing, kayaking, canoeing, or
fishing. Aside from water activities, there are plenty of other
things to do such as:
• Watch the sunset over the lake from the lakeside deck.
• Explore historic downtown Lake Mills.
• Bike along the 52-mile long Glacial-Drumlin trail or bike 11-miles
around the lake on city & township roads.
• Golf at the Lake Mills Golf Club or the Lake Ripley Golf Club
Course in Cambridge.
• Practice your golf driving at Topel’s Teebox on the south edge of
• Play tennis on the courts at the Lake Mills High School.
• Go bowling at Lake Mills Lanes Sports Bar & Grill.
• Tour or visit Tyranena Brewery in Lake Mills.
• Hike at Aztalan State Park.
• Shop at the Johnson Creek Outlet mall.
• See a movie at the Star Cinema in Johnson Creek.
• Visit Rowe Pottery and the antique shops of Cambridge.
• Visit the Lang Home Studios and the many antique & gift shops of
• Visit the Wisconsin State Capitol & Square, Frank Lloyd Wright’s
Monona Terrance, U. of Wisconsin campus, Madison Zoo, Arboretum, and
more in Madison.
• Tour the Miller Brewery, visit the Milwaukee Zoo, see a Milwaukee
Brewer’s Game, or view the world-renown addition to the Milwaukee
Art Museum in Milwaukee.