Estess Keepsake Waterfront Vacation Home
Grand Lake, Colorado
Major City: Grand Lake
Distance: <1 mi
Community: Sun Valley Lake Assoc
Area: Waterfront / Mountain
Apx. Size: 2700 Sq Ft
Parking: Off Street
Pets OK: No
Internet Available: Yes
Exchange Considered: No
For Sale: No
Credit Cards Accepted: No
1 of 7
Estess Keepsake Waterfront Vacation Home
Email This Listing To A Friend:
Map This Location
|1705 County Road 491, House #6 Grand Lake, CO 80447||
|Name: Sybil Estess|
Send Inquiry To Owner:
In the early 1990's, the Estess family of Houston, Texas bought this
breathtakingly beautiful waterfront lot on Sun Valley Lake on the
western edge of Rocky Mountain National Park three miles north of
Grand Lake Village, Colorado. After years of dreaming of the
wonderful vacation home we would build there, we worked with an
architect to design and build this lovely lakefront home.
The striking two-story design blends into the natural beauty of the
surrounding countryside, and includes hand-hewn pine logs, many
large windows showcasing the scenic lake views, a covered patio, a
covered porch and an open deck. Interior features include a Kiva
fireplace, hardwood floors, a large kitchen with all of the modern
amenities, 3 full bathrooms with a jacuzzi tub in the master bath,
and a laundry room. The home is lovingly furnished with Southwestern
style decor, and will sleep up to 10 people comfortably.
A dream home away from home, Estess Keepsake welcomes you with 2,700
square feet of living space that offers everything you could
possibly need to enjoy the perfect vacation.
The covered porch, covered patio and open deck with large gas
outdoor grill and picnic table provide ample opportunities to get
away from it all, absorb the quiet beauty of the lakefront view and
mountain vistas. Motors are prohibited on Sunset Valley Lake,
allowing you to watch the local wildlife in the serenity of its
natural habitat, undisturbed.
In cold weather, you can continue to enjoy the view from the warmth
and comfort inside the home through the large windows in the living
room, dining room and kitchen that face the lake. The great room is
kept warm and cozy by an attractive and easy-to-use Kiva fireplace
that utilizes gas logs.
The kitchen has a convenient breakfast bar on the central island,
and is equipped with all of the modern amenities, including a trash
In addition to the open floor plan of the main living area, there is
also a private sitting room with three couches that is equipped with
cable TV, VCR and DVD player so the whole family can enjoy their
favorite shows and movies. A game table and games are also provided.
The sitting room has a complete lakeview and opens to the covered
patio for ease of entertaining.
The master bedroom is also equipped with private cable TV, VCR and
DVD, as well as a kingsize bed and windows that open up to allow in
the fresh air. The large master bath includes a shower, dual
vanities, and relaxing jacuzzi tub.
The guest suite has a queensize bed and a private bath, and there is
a third bedroom with double bed and bunks and a bathroom across the
hall that is perfect for the younger members of the family. Two
couches can also be converted into single beds for additional
In all, there are accomodations to sleep 8 people comfortably, and
three full bathrooms providing bathtubs and showers, as well as a
powder room. There is no need to wait in line for restroom access.
Finally, there is also a laundry room for your convenience, and
there are telephones both upstairs and downstairs with an answering
machine so you can stay in touch.
We invite you to experience your vacation in the ultimate comfort
and convenience provided by Estess Keepsake.
Estess Keepsake is one quarter mile from the Colorado River, which
separates Rocky Mountain National Park from private land, and where
fly-fishing abounds. It is one half mile from "Winding River
Campground," which has all kinds of camping, and also offers
horseback-riding, hay-rides, cook-outs, pancake breakfasts, ice
cream suppers and other fun activities, including a playground
especially for children.
Renters can enjoy a multitude of activities that are available in
the local area. This is a list of just a few of the things that you
can do in the area while staying at Estess Keepsake:
1. Enjoy birding, watching the local wildlife including elk and
moose, or just vegging out on the covered porch, covered patio or
2. Go fishing on Sunset Valley Lake, which is stocked every spring.
3. Explore miles of hiking trails near the house or in the Arapahoe
National Forest, across the lake, or within Rocky Mountain National
Park (1 mile away).
4. Go horseback-riding at nearby Winding River Campground (½ mile
away) or out from the village (3 miles away).
5. If you are really adventurous, rent a Mountain bike anywhere in
the area and hit some of the estimated 2,000 miles of trails all
around or out from the way to the town of Winter Park (30 miles
6. Tour the little western town of Grand Lake Village (3 miles
away), which offers restaurants, shopping and other amenities, a
heated swimming pool, arts and crafts, mountain bike rental, boat
rental at either of two marinas, golfing, tennis and bowling.
7. Enjoy some of the best views in Colorado, over Grand Lake, Mt.
Baldy in Rocky Mountain National Park, and also Shadow Mountain Lake
and other mountain ranges while eating and drinking on the grand
porch at "Grand Lake Lodge" -- or sitting in their majestic lodge
around the huge circular fireplace, or shopping at their gift shop
that offers jewelry, rugs and other western specialties (1 mile
8. Paddle around or fish in our dingy (No motors are allowed on our
9. More serious boaters can rent a sailboat, canoe, motor boat, or
platoon boat on Grand Lake itself or on Shadow Mountain Lake or
10. FLY FISHING GALORE in the park, Colorado River, or other nearby
creeks and streams.
11. Drive to the top of Rocky Mountain National Park, over
Trailridge Pass, where you might see abundant wildlife, including
mountain sheep and goats, and over to the town of Estes Park.
12. Soar the skies in a hot air balloon for a panoramic view of the
Rocky Mountains (rentals at village of Granby -- 17 miles away).
13. In the summer, enjoy wildflowering during end of June through
August (July best).
14. In winter, try snowmobiling, cross country and downhill skiing
and snowboarding, snow shoeing, and ice fishing. Or downhill ski on
some of Granby's smaller slopes or on the large mountains in Winter
Park (30 miles away).
15. Afterwards, bathe in or later take a trip to "Sulphur Hot
Springs" (25 miles away), which offers a large natural heated pool,
and all kinds of hot pools, massages and facials. There is a snack
shop there, as well as 2 or 3 cafes and restaurants in the town.
16. If you have time for a 3-6 hour drive, try taking the back roads
up to Wyoming.
17. On rainy or snowy days (some have been in summer!), watch movies
or play games in the comfort of the house, or read a good book by
the fire, or write journals about your trip.
18. Enjoy cooking wonderful meals in our kitchen, which has all of
the modern amenities.
19. PHOTOGRAPHY GALORE!!!!!!!!! and More!
One of most beautiful houses on fishing lake with view of mountains in
Rocky Mountain National Park. Booking now for winter 2013/14, and
(1) Winter and spring rates through May 18, 2014 (shown in purple on
calendar below): $250/night. One week only $1,750. 2 weeks only $2,900!
(2) Summer rates from May 19 - September 8, 2014 (shown in pink on
calendar below) $300/night. One week only $2,100. 2 weeks only $3,500!
(3) Minimum: 3 nights; holidays: prefer 1 week.
(4) Cleaning fee, to be paid when full rent is paid -- 30 days before
occupancy -- is $200 if more than 4 persons, or $150 if 4 persons or
fewer. The house sleeps 8 comfortably; maximum of 8 people allowed.
(5) Deposit, totally refundable, will be $200 per week, which will be
refunded if house is in perfect condition upon your departure. THIS IS NOT
PART OF RENT. $200 deposit will be refunded after occupancy, within 30
(6) Payment in full must be received by owners 30 days prior to start date
(7) NO PETS; NO SMOKING.
(8) Cancellation will be two months in advance, except for death or
(9) If bringing equipment, such as snowmobiles, or four-wheelers, or
trailer vehicles, must have permission from owner about how many are
permissible to bring.
Copyright © 2006 - 2015.
Vacation Rentals, Vacation Rental Owners, Vacations For Rent By Owner, Holiday Rentals By Owner, Home Exchanges, Holiday Homes & Vacation Home Sales